The Hall together with the public playing field on which it stands is held on lease from Rayne Parish Council by Trustees, who are the Management Committee, for the benefit of the inhabitants of Rayne and the neighbourhood.
The main hall was built to replace the original village hall which was a wooden hut purchased in 1945 and erected on Brock Meadow until it was moved to Oak Meadow in 1955. The new hall was formally opened in April 1975, with an extension for a foyer, toilets, kitchen and meeting room together with changing rooms and showers for the sports clubs being completed two years latter. A two storey extension was added in 1989 the top storey being for the exclusive use of Rayne Table Tennis Club, who had raised the funds to pay for it, and had until it's completion, been obliged to continue to use the old village hall. The ground floor houses the Parish Council Office and the Community Information Point, which is also used as a committee room.
Several years ago the Management Committee instigated a complete refurbishment, which cost in excess of £60,000 part funded by the Parish Council, Rayne Football Club, Rayne Cricket Club and a grant from the Community Fund. The latest addition was the BMX track which was funded by grants and fund raising led by Jamie-Lee Bamford and Oliver Dome. This was officially opened in 2013.